Monday, August 25, 2014

Summer Updating

 It's been quite a summer!  I finished teaching a summer S.T.E.M. course for rising 9th and 10th grade students interested in high school robotics.  Now I am focused on planning for the coming school year for 2014-2015 middle school.  I found out recently I am teaching 8th grade science again.  I am really excited to be back with the younger students so I can help to build scientific curiosity and strong student skills from the start of their time in middle school.  I also will be teaching one 7th grade science course.
    
    Special News:  I am also planning to teach Global Neighborhood Secondary School's first ever Middle School Robotics Program!  This is going to be a really fun year.  I can't wait to see my former students again, as well as meeting my new students.
    
    We must also say goodbye to a Science Classroom friend and learning partner.  Arby the rat passed away over the summer.  He is now resting in a hammock in the sky munching on as many cheesy-poofs as he can handle.

Finally, I am also building my classroom website.  Visit every now and again to http://bit.ly/mrgscience to check out what's happening in my classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment